Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Beer me a Sausage

The title only makes sense if you watch The Office...so, sorry for those of you who don't, I just like it because I get a laugh probably a quarter of the time I say beer me something.
The shakedown ride was successful in a number of ways. We rode about 20 miles out to a campsite at Jordan Lake and we camped out for the night. I thought I was going to die the first few miles into the ride. The combination of being a hangover, and a lack of sleep did not do too well for my cardiovascular abilities. However, I finally got into the groove and rode hard for the rest of the trip out. There weren't too many hills or wind, so it was good ride. It was a different experience riding fully loaded. It makes the ride seem more stable, but I'm still apprehensive to get above 25 or 26 mph fully loaded. That will probably go away quickly, but I don't have the confidence quite yet to get up to 30 or over.
Dozier drove out to the camp site and brought a fly-fishing pole. We were camped next to a small pond full of very darkly colored brim. So we fished for a while and then cooked some bratwurst once it got dusk.
Dozier drove out to the camp site and brought a fly-fishing pole. We were camped next to a small pond full of very darkly colored brim. So we fished for a while and then cooked some bratwurst once it got dusk.


The immediacy of my departure makes me want to spend every minute I have with my best friends and my family. At this point in my life I have met so many amazing friends I don't know how to deal with leaving everyone for an entire summer. I'm sure I'll look back at this and laugh at how naive I am, but I'm not too excited about leaving home for a whole summer. That being said, I am excited about seeing an entirely new place every day that I'm on the road, and living for three months as minimalist as possible.
So, the ride was successful and brought to my attention a few things that I need to remember to bring along. Friday we're going up to Yorktown, and the trip will begin on Saturday. Keep reading, and leave some comments.

No comments: