Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Countdown

The day of departure is coming closer every day. I've been experiencing quite a lot of anxiety the past week. The combination of graduation, working non-stop, the process of subletting my apartment, moving out, packing for the trip, and making all my final preparations is really starting to get to me. But, that will all be over soon and it will be just me and the road ahead. I've been gathering all the final gear and things that I'll need for my trip today, and I still have a few small things that I haven't been able to pick up yet.
Rob and I are going on a shakedown ride on Tuesday and Wednesday to streamline all that we will need, and shed any superfluous items. This will be a good test of what it will be like everyday this summer.
I'm really not ready to say my goodbyes to all my friends and family, but I guess its just part of the process. It's weird for me because I've never been out of North Carolina for more than a week or so. That being said, I don't think I will feel too far away from home because of the modern technologies that make everywhere in our world a phone call or e-mail away.
My mom told me she was going to get me a camera if I sublet my apartment this summer, and I'm about 99% sure I have found a subletter. That means I will most likely be able to take and post my own pictures of our trip.
The posts should be getting a lot more entertaining in a few days, when we actually get on the road. Thanks for reading.

No comments: