Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crazy Chapel Hillians

We woke up after a long night of 12 oz. curls and rode 80 miles to Rough River state park where we met a guy from Chapel Hill doing the Transam route for a bit, then I think he was headed up to follow the Lewis and Clark Trail, through South and North Dakota...pretty twisted. Supposedly there's some rugged terrain through that way and some large gaps between services.
Rough River state park had the first shower we had taken in close to a week (since Berea I believe). So that was the most welcome and incredibly long shower I've taken in quite some time. The ride was pretty easy, nothing to complain about. I mean I guess you could complain about the heat, but it's summer, and it will always be hot. The heat is something I've learned to deal with pretty easily. I get sort of cold inside restaurants, grocery stores, etc. pretty quickly now. Although a nice, well air-conditioned hotel room doesn't really bother me for some reason. Maybe its mental. I don't know, either way...showers are nice...

1 comment:

Wade Stem said...

Good for you Rich you should have taken Bo with you he would learn how other people live and act. this is good for anybody that could make on a bike. Take care Wade Sr