Thursday, June 21, 2007

Inside the Belly

The ride into Mammoth caves wasnt' so bad, we only had to ride about 30 miles from where we set up camp in Munfordville the night before. Unfortuneately we missed the tour we really wanted to go on, but we still go tto see some interesting features of the cave. I'd never been in a cave before adn the initial descent in from the entrance we took would have been incredibly intense, if it weren't for the steel staircase. I wasn't so happy about how commecial it seemed. There were small auditoriums set up in some of the larger rooms so the tour guides could speek to the crow. I guess its necessary for the general public, but I was sort of annoyed. I wanted to see it without all the seating and fluffy crap. Oh well. Jacob, our resident cave expert told us he'd take us to cave he k,nows really well when we all get back to NC, so I think I'll probably do that in the fall or something. We spent the night in the national park campground and ended up meeting some girls from North Dakota who were more than willing to share a 2 cases of beer with us. Two cases you say? Nah, that's okay, I hate beer...
So we drank into the evening and did some star gazing. The stars were out pretty good that night, although nothing like they will be further west I would imagine...

1 comment:

Wade Stem said...

Don't forget to bring me some big rocks. A bolder or two will do Wade